Second round of 2017 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup sees no track acitivity on Saturday
After heavy rain and a storm overnight in Qatar, the first race of the second round of the IATC – originally to take place on Saturday at 16:00 local time (GMT +3) – has been cancelled.
Although no rain was falling at the time of the decision, Race Direction declared the conditions too dangerous to race.
Alberto Puig, Talent Promotion Director: “They normally they cancel a session for safety reasons – if Race Direction decide to cancel, it’s in the interest of the riders and safety. In our case, it’s even more important because our riders don’t have experience. The track is in really bad condition and that’s why we didn’t race. It’s difficult to predict the weather, but if we can, we will finish our program. But of course priority always is safety and everything has to be ok. It’s a pity but we have to accept it the way it is.”